The Llama Association of Australasia Inc. is an international body dedicated to addressing the needs of llama owners and breeders. The LAA has members in New Zealand, USA and Canada as well as all states of Australia. The Association is made up of a Committee of members from Australia and New Zealand and is represented throughout both countries by Branches and Regions.The purpose of the Llama Association of Australasia is to educate and facilitate communication between members and the general public in matters relating to the care and appreciation of llamas, thereby promoting llamas and the llama industry.
The Association’s main aims are to:
- Develop and maintain the Registry.
- Establish a communications network for owners, breeders, vets and people interested in llamas.
- Educate in all aspects of llama management.
- Establish research priorities and keep members informed of new developments.
- Assist in the promotion and marketing of llamas.
- Maintain the Showing Guidelines and the Breed Standard and to assist in conducting shows.
- Liaise with the Government and open access to Government controlled lands.
- Organize major llama events, social occasions, walks and training days.
You can download a copy of the Association Rules below